Registration Information for Undergraduate Students
All BLS Certifications MUST be current for an entire semester. Students are not permitted to renew after the semester starts.
The SON offers BLS Skills Checkoffs for undergraduate students during the months of:
- June and July
- November and December
All students must have BLS certification from the American Heart Association. Completion of other courses (eg, Heartsaver or First Aid courses offered by the American Red Cross) are not accepted.
Please follow the instructions below. Completion of the online component and the skills checkoff are both required for BLS certification.
- Step 1. Complete the HeartCode™ BLS online portion: http://www.onlineaha.org/courses.
- Step 2. Print the completion certificate. Note: You MUST bring the completion certificate to the skills checkoff. Skills check-offs will not be done without the printed completion certificate.
- Step 3. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request the date and time of the class you would like to attend (see schedule below). The average class time is 2 hours and 15 minutes.
- Step 4. In class, students will practice and test BLS skills using manikins and case-based scenarios. CPR cards are emailed within 24 hours of successful completion of required skills.
Cost of the BLS Skills Checkoff is $30. Fees are paid to LSUHNO School of Nursing.
- The LSUHNO School of Nursing accepts payment by check or money order (payable to LSUHNO School of Nursing) and by credit card. Cash payment is not accepted.
- If paying by credit card, click this link: https://www.regonline.com/Register/Checkin.aspx?EventID=1758465 (with service fee total is $35.44)
- Payment in full is due at the beginning of the skills checkoff class.
TO REGISTER: Choose ONE (1) of the dates and times below, and email email@example.com with the preferred date and time to attend. You will receive an email confirmation with the date, time, and location of the course.
BLS Skills Checkoff Course Dates for Undergraduate Students (each class lasts approximately 2 hours):
Wednesday, June 6th – 8 am, 12 pm, 3 pm
Thursday, June 7th – 8 am, 12 pm, 3 pm
Wednesday, June 13th – 8 am, 12 pm, 3 pm
Thursday, June 14th – 8 am, 12 pm, 3 pm
Wednesday, June 20th – 8 am, 12 pm, 3 pm
Wednesday, July 11th – 8 am, 12 pm, 3 pm
Thursday, July 12th – 8 am, 12 pm, 3 pm
Tuesday, July 17th – 8 am, 12 pm, 3 pm
Wednesday, July 18th – 8 am, 12 pm, 3 pm
Thursday, July 26th – 8 am, 12 pm, 3 pm
Please note that each class can hold between 6 and 12 students so courses fill quickly.
If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org