This program is designed for individuals who have earned a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university, completed all required prerequisites and corequisites and have maintained a minimum average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale in those prerequisites and corequisites, with no less than a B earned in any of the following prerequisites: Biology and Biology Laboratory, Microbiology and Physical Science.
Students desiring admission should submit official transcripts of all previous college work completed at the time of application. All prerequisite course work must be completed at the time of application.
Only those applicants that have met all admission requirements and have submitted completed application packets on or before the application deadline will be asked to interview for admission.Students are admitted once yearly, in August. The deadline for a postmarked application is January 15 for the following Fall Semester. All admission documents, including all official transcripts must accompany application.
General Admission Requirements
- Admission to the CARE BSN program of study is by competitive application which includes: grade point average (GPA) on all prerequisite course work, letters of reference, applicant statement and interview process.
- An applicant must have a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) on all prerequisite and co-requisite courses.
- A grade of C or better must be achieved in all non-science prerequisite courses. If a student receives a D or F in a prerequisite course, it may be repeated one (1) time only. Failure of any prerequisite course twice makes an applicant ineligible for admission.
- A grade of B or better must be achieved in all science prerequisite courses (Biology, Biology Lab, Physical Science and Microbiology).
- At the time of application, an applicant must have earned a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university.
- All prerequisite courses must be completed before application submission.
- One page typed statement addressing criteria listed in the Application Information section found at the Application Information page.
- Completed reference forms: one academic and one professional found at the Application Information page.
- Completion of the interview process found at the Application Information page.
- Meeting the minimum requirements DOES NOT guarantee program admission.
Applicants must meet the requirements for a baccalaureate degree mandated by the Louisiana Board of Regents and must have completed designated courses in the biological sciences. Human Anatomy and Physiology will be taken the first semester of program enrollment at the LSUHSC School of Nursing.