This program is designed for individuals who have earned a Bachelorís Degree from an accredited college or university, completed all required prerequisite courses and have maintained a minimum grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale in those prerequisite courses, with no less than a B earned in any of the following prerequisite courses: Biology and Biology Laboratory, Microbiology and Physical Science.
Students desiring admission should submit sealed official transcripts of all previous college work completed at the time of application. All prerequisite course work must be completed and final grades reflected on official college transcripts at the time of application.
Only those applicants that have met all admission requirements and have submitted completed application packets by the application deadline will be asked to interview for admission.
Students are admitted once yearly, in August. All application packets must be received in the Office of Student Affairs by January 15th. All admission documents, including all official transcripts must accompany the application.
- Admission to the CARE BSN program of study is by competitive application which includes: completed BSN application for admission form, check or money order for application fee, grade point average (GPA) on all prerequisite course work that are reflected on sealed official transcripts, two (2) admission application endorsement forms, applicant statement and interview process.
- An applicant must have a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) on all prerequisite and co-requisite courses
- A grade of C or better must be achieved in all non-science prerequisite courses. If a student receives a W, D or F in a prerequisite course, it may be repeated one (1) time only. Failure of any prerequisite course twice makes an applicant ineligible for admission.
- A grade of B or better must be achieved in all science prerequisite courses (Biology, Biology Lab, Physical Science and Microbiology). All science prerequisite courses may only be attempted twice.
- At the time of application, an applicant must have earned a Bachelorís Degree from an accredited college or university.
- If an applicant has attended a previous nursing program, a letter of academic good standing must be provided from that school of nursing.
- All prerequisite courses must be completed before application submission.
- A two page statement paper with a separate title page, addressing criteria listed in the Application Information section found at the Application
- Two (2) completed admission application endorsement forms one academic and one professional found at the Application
Information page. Each form must be sealed in an envelope with the signature of the endorser across the envelope seal.
- 10. Completion of the interview process found at the Application
- Meeting the minimum requirements DOES NOT guarantee program admission.
Applicants must meet the requirements for a baccalaureate degree mandated by the Louisiana Board of Regents and must have completed designated courses in the biological sciences. Human Anatomy and Physiology will be taken the first semester of program enrollment at the LSUHSC School of Nursing.