Students will be recommended for graduation and eligibility for the certification examination when they meet the following graduation requirements:
- Fulfillment of all clinical practice hours as specified by the curriculum.
- Recommendation of the Faculty, and approval by the Admissions, Progression and Graduation Committee
- Attendance at rehearsal, pre-commencement and commencement unless specifically excused by the Dean.
- Verification that all materials belonging to the Health Sciences Center and cooperating agencies have been returned through the proper procedures. All indebtedness to the University must be satisfied before a diploma may be issued. These materials would include but not limited to, items such as library books, equipment, keys, furniture or any outstanding, unpaid balances due.
- Completion of end of course evaluations, exit survey, and all components of compliance training.
- Meet all the requirements of Louisiana State University Health New Orleans and the School of Nursing.
- Meet all the requirements of the accrediting/approval bodies for licensure and certification.
- Administer a minimum of 600 anesthetics.
- Administer all required cases as stipulated by the Council on the Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Programs.
- Complete all nursing and nurse anesthesia courses with a grade of "B" or better.
- Complete the overall sequence of courses with a grade point average of 3.0 or better.
- Complete the requirements of the DNP Project and professional portfolio.
- Possess current ACLS, BLS, and PALS certification and certification.
- Successful completion of the National Board Certification and Recertification for Nurse Anesthetists Self Evaluation Examination with a minimum score of 400.