Sigma Theta Tau International Epsilon Nu Chapter/Sister Henrietta Guyot Award Criteria
To recognize scholarship in nursing.
The allocation of funds is based on the quality of the proposed research study or project that is ready for implementation in the area of nursing research, practice, or education in the succeeding year, the appropriateness of the budget and feasibility of the timeline. Funds will be awarded at the Scholarship Day through the Epsilon Nu Chapter of STTI.
- Active member of Epsilon Nu Chapter.
- Submit a completed application and signed Research Grant Agreement to the Epsilon Nu Chapter Research Committee.
- Ready to commence implementation of the research study or project when funding is received.
- Complete research or project within 1 year of funding.
- Submit to the Epsilon Nu Chapter Research Committee a final report.
- Present findings at next year's Scholarship Day.
- Proposals should contain the following:
- Signed Research Grant Agreement
- Application Form that addresses:
- Statement of the problem area, purpose, objectives, and its relevance to nursing.
- Statement of scientific basis for project/study including review of the literature, research questions, or hypotheses.
- Description of the project design and methodology including the data collection methods and time frame to implement the project.
- Description of protection of human subjects if relevant.
- Resources available to conduct the study.
- Proposed budget.
- All applications must be submitted electronically.
Grants available: 1 per year.
Deadline: March 21, 2017
- The Epsilon Nu Research Committee will review and select proposals through blind review.
- Applicants will be notified in writing of the Committee’s decision.
- All relevant Institutional Review Board, including Institutional Bio-Safety Committee, approvals must be submitted in writing prior to the release of funding.