Sigma Theta Tau International Epsilon Nu Chapter/Sister Henrietta Guyot Award Criteria
To facilitate the advancement of nursing science and scholarship by providing grant support for research studies designed and implemented by members of the Epsilon Nu Chapter of the Sigma Theta Tau International Nursing Honor Society (STTI).
The allocation of funds is based on the quality of the proposed research study. The application budgets need to reflect the actual needs of the proposed project. The budget is capped at $2500. The maximum project period is 1 year.
Nurse scientists at all levels of professional development are invited to submit an application for this research award. The applicant must be an active member of the Epsilon Nu Chapter. Board members may not apply. The study must be completed within one year from the time the grant is awarded at which time the awardee will submit a final report to the Epsilon Nu Chapter Research Committee. The awardee will disseminate the study findings in a formal presentation at the Dr. Linda Corson Jones Scholarship Day one year from the time of the grant is awarded.
Application Materials & Process:
- Grant applications should contain the following:
- Signed Research Grant Agreement
- Application Form that addresses:
- Statement of the problem area, purpose, objectives, and its relevance to nursing.
- Statement of scientific basis for study including review of the literature, research questions, or hypotheses.
- Description of the project design and methodology including the data collection methods and time frame to implement the project.
- Description of protection of human subjects if relevant.
- Resources available to conduct the study.
- Proposed budget.
- Applications should be 8 double-spaced pages, excluding references. All applications must be submitted electronically by March 15 2018 at 5pm Central Time. Late submissions will not be reviewed.
- The Epsilon Nu Research Committee will review and select proposals through blind review.
- Applicants will be notified in writing of the Committee’s decision.
- All relevant Institutional Review Board, including Institutional Bio-Safety Committee approvals must be submitted in writing prior to the release of funding.
- The award recipient will be announced at the Dr. Linda Corson Jones Scholarship Day.
Please upload both the Research Grant Application Form and the Grant Application at the Submission Portal.