- What is a network account?
- How often do I have to change my password?
- What are the criteria for creating a password?
- Why does my account get expired?
- Why does my account get locked out?
- How do I change an unexpired password?
- How do I change an expired password?
- I have tried resetting my password, but still can't log in - who do I contact?
- How do I change my security questions?
What is a network account?
A network account consists of a user ID and a password. This information is required to gain access to various parts of the LSUHSC network. For example, your LSUHSC email account and Moodle.
How often do I have to change my password?
You must change your password every 70 days so that your account will not expire. As the expiration date of your account approaches, you will receive a message when you log into your email account alerting you it is time to change your password.
What are the criteria for creating a password?
- The password must contain characters from three of the four following categories:
- English upper case letters (A-Z)
- English lower case letters (a-z)
- Base 10 digits (0-9)
- Non-alphanumeric characters: @, #, $, _
- Passwords must conform to ALL of the following standards:
- The first character must be a lower case or an upper case character (a-z, A-Z).
- The password must be no less than 10 characters.
- The password must be different from the previous 14 passwords used.
- The password must be changed at least every 70 days, and will remain valid for 70 days.
- The password cannot be changed more than once in 24 hours.
- The password cannot contain the UserID as a substring.
- The password cannot contain any token from the user’s display name field as a substring. A token
is defined as a string of consecutive letters delimited by any non-letter character. Only entire
tokens that are at least three characters long are checked; parts of longer tokens are not checked.
Why does my account get expired?
Your account expires every 70 days. If you don't change your password during that time, your account will expire and you won't be able to use it until you reset your password. Visit the Change Password page to reset your password:
Why does my account get locked out?
Your account gets locked out if you enter in the incorrect password 3 times in a row, either by typing it in incorrectly or if you have a device or setting that tries to connect automatically using an old password. Visit the Change Password page to unlock your account:
How do I change an unexpired password?
If your password is about to expire, you will receive a message to that effect when you log into your email account. View the Email FAQ area for more information on email. To change your password:
1. Log into your email and click on the “Options” button.
2. On the Options page, scroll down and click “Change Password”.
3. In the pop-up window that appears, type in “lsumc-master” for Domain, your user ID for Account, and fill in the fields for old and new passwords.
How do I change an expired password?
You can reset your password at the
Change Password page:
I have tried resetting my password, but still can't log in - who do I contact?
If you've reset your password at the Change Password page and still cannot log in afterwards, contact Ms. Michele Lowery between the hours of 8:30am and 4:00pm at NSComputerSupport@lsuhsc.edu or stop by her office room 309. For after-hours or weekend help, please contact the help desk at 504-568-HELP.
How do I change my security questions?
To change the security questions associated with your network account, visit this link: