To provide leadership and excellence in nursing education, practice, research, and public service. The School of Nursing prepares professional nurse leaders that function as generalists, advanced practice nurses, educators, scholars, and researchers to transform nursing and health care.
The mission is achieved through several strategies:
- Development and dissemination of scientific, ethical and evidence based practice knowledge,
- Advancement and dissemination of evidence based practice nursing models that transform health care delivery,
- Provision of evidence based quality health care services,
- Engagement in intra- and interprofessional scholarship of discovery, integration, application and teaching,
- Launching innovative programs and entrepreneurial nursing initiatives,
- Service as nursing, community and health care delivery system leaders at the local, state, national, international and global level,
- Promotion of an organizational culture and climate that supports our core values, core business, organizational behaviors, and key relationships,
- Providing of clinically relevant teaching, learning, practice, community service, and research that builds the science of nursing, in culturally diverse and inclusive settings.