The mission of LSUHSC School of Nursing is to provide local, national, and international leadership in the education of professional nurses to function as generalists, advanced practitioners, educators, scholars, and researchers who shape the delivery of nursing practice and education.
The mission is achieved through several strategies:
- Provide clinically relevant teaching, learning, and practice in culturally diverse settings, community service, and research which builds the science of nursing,
- Development and dissemination of scientific, ethical and evidence based practice knowledge,
- Preparation of nurse generalists, advanced practice nurses, nurse scholars, nurse scientists, nurse educators, and nurse executives that expand the nursing workforce and expand the development of the nursing discipline,
- Advancement and dissemination of evidence based practice nursing models that enhance health care delivery,
- Provision of evidence based quality health care services,
- Engagement in interprofessional and transdisciplinary domains of scholarship (discovery, integration, application, and teaching),
- Launch innovative programs and entrepreneurial nursing initiatives,
- Serve as leaders within nursing discipline and health care delivery systems in the local, state, national, and international arena,
- Creation of an organizational and environmental climate and culture that supports our core values and promotes quality enhancement, continual learning, entrepreneurship, scholarly dialogue, mentor-protégé relationships, and positive morale in a caring environment.