Financial Aid and Loan Opportunities
Doctor of Nursing Science Scholars Program
The purpose of the Doctor of Nursing Science (DNS) Scholars program is to develop a community of DNS student-faculty scholars to collaborate in generation and dissemination of nursing science.
Eligibility to apply:
Students must have submitted their application to the DNS program (including having a Master’s degree in nursing) and be a resident of Louisiana.
Nurse Faculty Loan Program (NFLP)
The School of Nursing has received funding from the Health Services and Resources Administration (HRSA) for a Nurse Faculty Loan Program (NFLP). Loans are available one year at a time. Up to 85% of the NFLP loan is cancelled for borrowers that teach full-time in a school or college of nursing for 4 years after graduation.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national of the United States, or a lawful permanent resident of the United States and its territories;
- Enrolled as a student in good standing in the DNS program at the LSU Health New Orleans, School of Nursing;
- Maintain enrollment for a minimum of 2 consecutive semesters (either full-time or part-time) during an academic year while receiving the NFLP loan support. The school will define “full-time or part-time” status for the program as recorded by the Registrar’s office.
- Complete 2 nursing education courses while enrolled in the DNS program to prepare for the nurse faculty role.
- Maintain “good academic standing” according to the SON’s criteria while enrolled in the DNS program; and
- Have no judgment liens entered against you as based on the default on a Federal debt, 28 U.S.C. 3201(e).
For more information and to request an application, contact Carly Pigg, Coordinator of Grants and Development, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 568-4221. Applications should be submitted when you apply for admission to the program.