DNS Scholars Program
Given the research and scholarship focus of our DNS program, all students admitted to the DNS program are automatically enrolled in the DNS Scholars Program.
The program provides the following benefits:
- Assignment of a mentor to provide one-on-one mentoring in the scholar role.
- Reimbursement of expenses to attend the Southern Regional Nursing Society conference for up to 2 years, with reimbursement in year 2 and beyond in the program requiring a poster or podium presentation.
The following are expectations of students in the DNS Scholars Program:
- Participation in DNS student-faculty mentoring relationship
Development of a DNS student scholarly development plan, including the following outcomes:
- Submission of at least one manuscript for publication before defense of their dissertation proposal,
- Engagement in a research project with the faculty mentor, and
- Presentations at conferences
- Completion of the DNS required course work (excluding dissertation) in 4 years