Frequently Asked Questions for Students
- What is Moodle?
- How do I get to the Moodle website?
- What user name and password do I use to access Moodle?
- I cannot log into Moodle - what do I do?
- My courses aren’t listed – who do I contact?
- How do I send an email message in Moodle?
- How do I attach a file to a Moodle email message?
- How do I post to a forum in Moodle?
- What other Moodle help resources are there available?
What is Moodle?
Moodle is a course management system that allows for the creation of online courses. Moodle allows for the delivery of course content and for teachers and students to interact in an online learning environment.
How do I get to the Moodle website?
The web address for Moodle is: https://moodle.lsuhsc.edu . Moodle can also be accessed through the School of Nursing website by clicking on Current Students.
What user name and password do I use to access Moodle?
When logging into Moodle you will use your network account information. The same user ID and password used for your LSUHSC email account. For information on network user ID's, click here.
I cannot log into Moodle - what do I do?
Verify that you are using the correct network account information to log into Moodle. Make sure your network account has not expired or is locked out. If you need to reset your password or unlock your account, you can do so at this address: http://www.lsuhsc.edu/changepassword. If you are still having trouble logging into Moodle, contact Richard Smith at 504-568-5078 or Marco Sosa at 504-568-4171.
My courses aren't listed - who do I contact?
The enrollments for Moodle are automatically downloaded nightly directly from the official enrollments in PeopleSoft. If the courses you have registered for are not listed in Moodle, it may mean that something is amiss in your registration. Please contact the Office of Student Affairs to ensure you are registered for the proper courses.
How do I send an email message in Moodle?
Email messages in Moodle are sent using Quickmail. Quickmail is usually located in the upper left of your course’s main page.
1. Select Compose Email from the Quickmail section.
2. Highlight the Recipient(s) from the Potential Recipient(s) box and click Add.
3. Add the "Subject" and "Message" you wish to send in your email message. Click Send Email when you wish to send the message to the recipient(s).
How do I attach a file to a Moodle email message?
1. At the bottom of the Quickmail page next to "Attachment", click Browse to search for your file.
2. Select the file you wish to attach and click Open.
3. The path to your file should now be visible in the text field to the left of Browse. Repeat the above steps if you wish to attach additional files.
How do I post to a forum in Moodle?
1. On the course’s main page you should see an Activities section, click Forums.
2. Select the forum to which you want to reply.
3. Select the discussion to which you want to reply.
4. Click Reply next to the comment to which you want to reply.
5. Add the message you wish to post. Click Post to forum to submit your message.
6. You should now see your reply below the initial message.
What other Moodle help resources are there available?