JBI offers a range of education and training courses for clinicians, managers, educators, academics and students from the fields of nursing, allied health, medicine, information science and the health sciences.
JBI Comprehensive Systematic Review Training Program (CSRT)
Prepares researchers and clinicians to develop, conduct and report comprehensive systematic reviews that provide the strongest possible evidence to inform decision making or clinical guidelines in healthcare.
Throughout this world-class systematic review training program, which incorporates both theory and hands on experience, you will learn how to develop a focused question, search for relevant literature, appraise and synthesize evidence arising from research. By the end of the program, you will have a completed protocol and be ready to commence your review!
The JBI Comprehensive Systematic Review Training Program is a one, three or five-day program depending on your research needs or areas of interest.
- Module 1: Introduction to Evidence-based Health Care and the Systematic Review of Evidence (day 1)
- Module 2: Systematic Review of Quantitative Evidence (days 2 & 3)
- Module 3: Systematic Review of Evidence Generated by Qualitative Research, Narrative and Text (days 4 & 5)
- Please note Module 1 is a pre-requisite for Modules 2 and 3.
Trainees will have access to the JBI software for evidence synthesis, SUMARI (System for the Unified Management, Assessment and Review of Information) for one year as part of their tuition.
JBI Evidence Implementation Training Program
The JBI EITP is an evidence-based, implementation program. Provides clinicians, managers, policy makers and quality managers in health care with proven approaches to implementing evidence into practice. The six-month program involves:
- Two five-day intensive training workshops
- A workplace evidence implementation project over the intervening months.
- Access to the JBI software PACES (Practical Application of Clinical Evidence System) for evidence implementation, for one year as part of their tuition.
At the end of the EITP, trainees will have a report ready to be published in a peer reviewed journal.
Program offerings schedule and registration information for either the JBI CSRTP or JBI EITP can be found on the LSUHNO School of Nursing, Nursing Continuing Professional Development at https://nursing.lsuhsc.edu/ContinuingEducation/programs.aspx