DAISY Award for Extraordinary Nursing Faculty at LSUHNO School of Nursing
The deadline for nominations is Friday, April 1, 2022. The award ceremony will be on Monday, May 2, 2022.
DAISY = Diseases Attacking the Immune System
The DAISY Foundation was founded in November 1999, in memory of J. Patrick Barnes who died at 33 from complications of ITP (Idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura).
The DAISY Award for Extraordinary Nursing Faculty is modeled after The DAISY Award for Extraordinary Nurses. Criteria for the award selection reflect the School of Nursing Core Values, Mission, and Vision. Recipients of this Award are nurses whose expertise and excellence are demonstrated in their role as teachers of nursing students in any program.
- Honorees are nominated by their students, peers, school administrators, and staff.
- The Nomination Form is provided at the link below.
- The LSUHSC School of Nursing DAISY Award for Extraordinary Nursing Faculty Criteria are:
- Exhibits inspirational compassionate care to faculty and students
- Promotes the advancement of the art and science of nursing
- Exhibits a personal and professional commitment to LSUHSC School of Nursing
- Demonstrates leadership
- Mentors colleagues and students
- Exhibits School of Nursing Core Values
- Organizational Citizenship
- Nursing Innovation Caring