Student Ambassador Program
The purpose of the Louisiana State University Health New Orleans, School of Nursing Student Ambassador Program (SON – SAP) is to designate official nursing student representatives of the nursing school. Student Ambassadors are representatives that engage with administration to provide a positive image and message regarding the nursing school’s history, mission, vision, and strategic initiatives to our community of interest and stakeholders. Student Ambassadors are active in recruitment activities and the engagement in community events with our nursing school partners. Student Ambassadors are leaders and role models within the School of Nursing who exemplify the values and mission of the nursing school.
The expected outcomes of the LSU Health New Orleans School of Nursing Student Ambassador Program are:
Ambassador Responsibilities and Duties
- Maintain a minimum 3.0 Grade Point Average (GPA) while serving as a student ambassador;
- Attend student ambassador meetings;
- Represent the school of nursing at recruitment and alumni events
- Provide school/campus tours
- Assist in providing customer service to Office of Student Services
- Participate in a minimum of 4 activities per academic year – commitment of approximately 20 hours per academic year
- Remain in good academic and ethical/professional standing within the nursing school
|Benefits of Participation
The SON – Student Ambassadors will receive the following benefits:
Each LSU Health New Orleans School of Nursing Ambassador must meet the following eligibility criteria:
School of Nursing Ambassadors will be selected each fall semester. The selection process will be coordinated by the Assistant Dean for Student Services Office and Office of the Dean. Each student must submit a completed application. The SAP selection committee appointed by the Dean will review each application. Applicants will be invited to participate in an interview for final selection as an Ambassador. The committee will select Ambassadors, ensuring diverse representation of student backgrounds, student demographics, team dynamics, and leadership skills.