- Valid Registered Nurse license.
A series of ten modules to be completed by students in a self-paced online format. Online modules include but not limited to a presentation of the materials, reading assignments and a written assignment that mimics work that the LNC would be asked to do proficiently once performing in that role.
Faculty will provide individualized feedback to each participant on their written work. Assignments are designed to be included in the LNC’s professional portfolio as well as to enhance the learning of content.
You may Register and begin at any time. It is strongly suggested if you are new to LNC that you begin with Module 1 and complete all 10 Modules in order. Individual module objectives will be met with successful completion of assignments and evaluation. Each Module provides 10.0 CNE hours, with CNEs awarded following completion and submission of each module assignments and evaluation.
- Module 1: History & Development of Legal Nurse Consulting
- Module 2: Ethics, Scope and Standards of Legal Nurse Consulting Practice
- Module 3: Nursing Theory for LNC Practice
- Module 4: Clinical Reasoning for the LNC: Principles of Case Analysis
- Module 5: Evidence-Based Practice for the Legal Nurse Consultant
- Module 6: Presenting LNC Work Product
- Module 7: Creating LNC Work Product - Part 1
- Module 8: Creating LNC Work Product - Part 2
- Module 9: LNC Roles
- Module 10: The Business of Legal Nurse Consulting
Preceptorship: Upon completion of Module 10, students are invited to participate in a two day preceptorship. Students will shadow a Legal Nurse Consultant working in an in-house setting in a large law firm located in New Orleans, LA. Students will observe and experience LNC worklife and interact with attorneys at the law firm. This excellent opportunity will give students the chance to see Module teachings applied in actual LNC practice.
Participants have the opportunity to earn a total of 100 contact hours of continuing nursing education (10.0 per module). You must complete all modular assignments and complete the evaluation at the end of each module in order to receive contact hours.Louisiana State University Health New Orleans (LSUHNO) School of Nursing, Faculty Development, Continuing Nursing Education & Entrepreneurial Enterprise is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation..