Simulation Center Vision
The vision of the Simulation Center of the Nursing Skills and Technology Center portrays excellence in all aspects of nursing education through innovative teaching using state of the art technology such as high-fidelity human patient simulation. Students and faculty are provided with the resources and knowledge to facilitate quality, safety, and efficiency of patient care reflecting the Core Values of LSUHSC SON: Caring, Professionalism, Respect, Integrity, Diversity, and Excellence.
The Simulation Center is dedicated to the utilization and development of undergraduate and graduate level students. Faculties and staff are committed to the following endeavors now and for the future growth of the Simulation Center:
- Providing an experiential, safe learning environment
- Furthering the development of high-fidelity human patient simulation training and technologies for students, faculty, and staff of all levels and specialties offered at the school of nursing
- Contributing to the expanding field of simulation research: nursing and interdisciplinary
- Serving as a resource for healthcare professionals, both academic and clinically focused for the integration of high-fidelity human patient simulation based learning into curricula and educational or training programs
- Becoming and serving the metropolitan New Orleans area as a regional leader in the delivery of high-fidelity human patient simulation education and research