Nurse-Midwifery Program Outcomes
To prepare nurse-midwifery students at the nursing practice doctorate level:
- To utilize the midwifery management process to provide all components of midwifery care.
- To support normal developmental and life processes including pregnancy and birth, to utilize interventions and technology in an appropriate and transformative manner, and to practice in an interprofessional environment.
- To translate, evaluate, and apply research to promote evidence-based midwifery practice.
- To utilize organizational and systems leadership for ongoing involvement in quality improvement and to address complex healthcare needs.
- To advocate for health care policy that improves health outcomes locally, nationally, and globally.
- To positively impact health disparities in Louisiana, improve the health and well-being of all citizens of Louisiana and to improve maternal/infant outcomes in Louisiana.