Sigma Theta Tau International Epsilon Nu Chapter/Sister Henrietta Guyot Award Criteria
To facilitate the advancement of nursing science and scholarship by providing grant support for research studies designed and implemented by members of the Epsilon Nu Chapter of the Sigma Theta Tau International Nursing Honor Society (STTI).
The allocation of funds is based on the quality of the proposed research study. The application budgets need to reflect the actual needs of the proposed project. The budget is capped at $2500. The maximum project period is 1 year.
Nurse scientists at all levels of professional development are invited to submit an application for this research award. The applicant must be an active member of the Epsilon Nu Chapter. Board members may not apply. The study must be completed within one year from the time the grant is awarded at which time the awardee will submit a final report to the Epsilon Nu Chapter Research Committee. The awardee will disseminate the study findings in a formal presentation at the Dr. Linda Corson Jones Scholarship Day one year from the time of the grant is awarded.
Application Materials & Process:
- Grant applications should contain the following:
- Application Form
- Research Proposal that addresses:
- Research Problem
- Specific Aims or Objectives
- Review of the Literature
- Relevance to Nursing
- Study Design
- Research Questions or Hypotheses
- Sample, sample size and recruitment
- Study Procedure, Resources Available to Conduct the Study and Time Frame to complete the study
- Protection of Human Subjects
- Data Safety Plan
- The Research Proposal should be 8 double-spaced pages, excluding references. Supplemental Materials, e.g., instruments, letters of support, etc., should be enumerated and submitted in the Supplemental Materials section of the Submission Portal. The application form and the proposal must be submitted electronically by X 00, 2020 at 5pm Central Time. Late submissions will not be reviewed.
- Selection Process:
- The Epsilon Nu Sr. Henrietta Guyot Chairperson will convene a review committee of research focused doctorally-prepared Epsilon Nu members that will review all proposals according to specific criteria.
- Applicants will be notified in writing of the Committee’s decision.
- The award recipient will be announced at the Dr. Linda Corson Jones Scholarship Day.
- Institutional Review Board approval must be submitted in writing to the Sr. Henrietta Guyot Award Chairperson prior to the release of funding.
Please upload both the Research Grant Application Form and the Grant Application at the Submission Portal.