PhD in Nursing Scholars Program
Given the research and scholarship focus of our PhD in Nursing Program, every student admitted to the Program is automatically enrolled in the PhD in Nursing Scholars Program.
The program provides the following benefits:
- Assignment of a mentor to provide one-on-one mentoring in the scholar role.
- Reimbursement of expenses to attend the Southern Regional Nursing Society conference for up to 2 years, with reimbursement in year 2 and beyond in the program requiring a poster or podium presentation.
The following are expectations of students in the PhD in Nursing Scholars Program:
- Participation in PhD student-faculty mentoring relationship
- Development of a PhD student scholar development plan, including at least the following outcomes:
- Submission of at least one manuscript for publication before defense of their dissertation proposal,
- Engagement in a research project with the faculty mentor, and
- Presentations at conferences.
- Completion of the PhD in Nursing required course work (excluding dissertation) in 4 years