Admission to the School of Nursing is open to all persons who meet the admission requirements and qualifications. Refer to the Application section in the particular Academic Program for specific admission criteria.
First year students who plan to enter the undergraduate nursing curriculum may complete foundational courses in any accredited college or university. Students apply for admission to the nursing program while completing or after successfully completing the required pre-nursing college courses for the Bachelor of Science in Nursing Degree program of study.
Students desiring admission should submit transcripts of all previous college work completed at the time the application is submitted. Those enrolled in college at the time applications are submitted should have transcripts sent when they apply for admission, to be followed by a supplementary transcript at the close of the semester.
Admission criteria for specific programs:
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Career Alternative RN Education: CARE
- RN to BSN
- Master of Nursing
- Doctor of Nursing Practice
- BSN to DNP
- Adult Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
- Adult Gerontology Clinical Nurse Specialist
- Adult Gerontology Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
- Executive Nurse Leader
- Neonatal Nurse Practitioner
- Nurse Anesthesia
- Primary Care Family Nurse Practitioner
- Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
- Public/Community Health Nursing
- Post-Masters DNP
- Doctor of Nursing Science
for the Office of Student Services/Affairs:
Phone numbers: 504-568-4197 or 504-568-4213
Email address: email@example.com